top of page

English by Carol Group

Public·72 members

Cameron Walker
Cameron Walker

How Long Do Best Buy Reward Certificates Last

Thank you for reaching out regarding your expired My Best Buy certificates. I know having a reward expire is never ideal, and I always feel like I missed out on a great opportunity. Please feel welcome to review Derek's response above, and let us know if you should have any further questions surrounding your membership.

how long do best buy reward certificates last

I recently discovered that my rewards from a large purchase in January 2020 expired. I contacted Best Buy and was advised thtat there was nothing that could be done. Due to Covid I was not able to access a store for two months. I have purchased thousands of dollars of goods from Best Buyy over the last few years. Six televisions, multiple laptops and two refridgerators. Also a washer and dryer. i think this is a pretty crappy way to treat a regular customer. I told the rep that I will use up my existing rewards and from then on I will shop anywhere but Best Buy.

As Caleb alluded to, it should generally only take about three days for a non-bonus certificates point value to repost to a member's rewards account following a return or cancellation. If it has been more than three days, then please send me a private message with your name, phone number and email address, and I'll take a closer look at your rewards account to ensure it is up-to-date. You seem rather experienced with our online forum, but a private message can be sent by clicking on the blue button found in my signature.

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Best Buy Community Forums. I certainly understand how you are feeling after receiving a rewards certificate before you expected and needing to use it before it expires. When you reach above 250 points, you will be rewarded with a $5 rewards certificate. This certificate will be valid for 60 days following its issuance. Customers with the Best Buy Credit Card are able to bank rewards points, and issue certificates as desired. More information regarding the My Best Buy rewards program can be found here.

I am all too aware of how the best buy rewards program works. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be better. That Best Buy shouldn't be better. They should be! Stop putting restricitions like expiration dates on rewards, just to force people to spend more money at best buy right after you just spent money at best buy. DO BETTER. I had a $30 reward expire not because I didn't purchase anythign withing the "60 day" window, but because it actually takes extra effort to use the reward and if you click purchase to fast tying to figure out how to spend this "reward money" you can't go back.

Been top tier, platinum back when you had to spend $12,000+ per year to qualify, elite plus whatever they call it. I only cared to keep my 45 day return status. I still have my original reward zone plastic card issued in 2022. Guess Amazon will get most of my business and I need to cash out my $1500+ reward zone money soon.

The BB credit card gives you a few quarterly offers throughout the year (like 10% back on all utility bill payments in Q1), and the rewards used to translate to $15 or $20 reward certificates each month which expired after 60 days. Under the new system, I can collect points till they are significant enough to use on a large ticket item.

The banking ONLY applies to those who have a Best Buy credit card and as long as it remains open. Those without the card no longer get to bank points. IF you have a best buy credit card and IF you keep it open, the banking is indefinite.

When it comes to cash-back credit cards, there are dozens of options to choose from. So what sets the Blue Cash Everyday\u00ae Card from American Express\u00a0apart from the rest?\nThis card is excellent at earning cash-back on your everyday purchases at U.S. supermarkets, U.S. gas stations, and on U.S. online retail purchases. So if you regularly spend money on everyday purchases, this could be the perfect card to add to your wallet.\n"},"title":"Pros & Cons","pros":"\r\n \t3% back on purchases at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 in purchases each year, then 1% back after.\r\n \t3% back on purchases at U.S. gas stations on up to $6,000 in purchases each year, then 1% back after.\r\n \t3% back on purchases on online retail purchases on up to $6,000 in purchases each year, then 1% back after.\r\n \tMonthly credit towards The Disney Bundle\r\n \tMonthly credit towards Home Chef\r\n","cons":"\r\n \tRewards are not flexible and can only be redeemed for cash-back. Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit.\r\n","title":"Card Highlights","welcomeBonus":" Earn a $200 statement credit after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months. No Annual Fee. Balance Transfer is back! Enjoy 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months from the date of account opening. After that, 18.74% to 29.74% variable APR. 3% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%. 3% Cash Back on U.S. online retail purchases, on up to $6,000 per year, then 1%. 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%. Get $7 back each month after using your Blue Cash Everyday Card to spend $12.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to The Disney Bundle, which includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Enrollment required. Terms Apply.","cardCategories":["id":107610,"text":"Credit Card Reviews","link":"\/credit-cards\/reviews\/","id":18,"text":"Best Cash Back Credit Cards","link":"\/credit-cards\/cash-back-credit-cards\/","id":84,"text":"Credit Cards with No Annual Fee","link":"\/credit-cards\/no-annual-fee-cards\/"],"financialSnapshot":["id":1,"text":"Foreign Transaction Fees: 2.7% of each transaction after conversion to U.S. dollars"],"title":"More Reads","html":"Find the $250 Welcome Offer for the Amex Blue Cash Everyday CardBenefits of the Blue Cash EverydayAmex Blue Cash Everyday vs. Amex Blue Cash PreferredAmex Blue Cash Everyday vs Chase Freedom UnlimitedAmex Gold vs Blue Cash EverydayAmex Blue Cash Everyday vs Chase Freedom FlexBest 0% Interest Credit CardsBest Credit Cards for Groceries and SupermarketsBest Everyday Credit CardsBest Credit Cards for Authorized Users"],"aprText":"0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months from the date of account opening. After that, 18.74% - 29.74% variable APR."})) document.getElementById('table-395277922').setAttribute('data-react', JSON.stringify("goLink":"https:\/\/upgradedpoints.com\/go\/AmexBlueCashPreferred_addSource\/TRD\/8922\/dilcg.sjon\/dicsm.sjon","reviewLink":"https:\/\/upgradedpoints.com\/credit-cards\/reviews\/american-express-blue-cash-preferred\/","rating":"4.55","cardThumbnail":"https:\/\/upgradedpoints.com\/wp-content\/themes\/upgp\/img\/cards\/impact\/2726_796.png","cardTitle":"Blue Cash Preferred\u00ae Card from American Express","shortReview":"This card is great for those who want to earn cash-back with U.S. supermarkets, U.S. streaming subscriptions, transit, and U.S. gas stations. ","annualFee":"$0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95.","belowButtonText":"(at Amex's secure site)","welcomeBonusPoints":"$250","creditRecommended":"Good to Excellent (670-850)","welcomeBonusSummary":"Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.","redBadge":null,"orangeBadge":null,"provider":"American Express","ratesFeesLink":"https:\/\/upgradedpoints.com\/go\/AmexBlueCashPreferredTCCRF","ratesFeesText":null,"ratesFeesEnable":null,"editLink":null,"bulletPoints":"\n Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months. \n $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95. \n Buy Now, Pay Later: Enjoy $0 intro plan fees when you use Plan It\u00ae to split up large purchases into monthly installments. Pay $0 intro plan fees on plans created during the first 12 months from the date of account opening. Plans created after that will have a monthly plan fee up to 1.33% of each eligible purchase amount moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that would otherwise apply to the purchase, and other factors. \n Low intro APR: 0% for 12 months on purchases from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 18.74% to 29.74% \n 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). \n 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions. \n 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations and on transit (including taxis\/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more). \n 1% Cash Back on other purchases. \n Get $7 back each month after using your Blue Cash Preferred Card to spend $12.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to The Disney Bundle, which includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Enrollment required. \n Terms Apply.\n\n","bonusValuation":null,"disableCardArtLink":false,"accordions":["title":"Why We Like This Card","html":"The Blue Cash Preferred\u00ae Card from American Express is a stellar cash-back credit card for those looking to maximize every purchase they make.\nWith bonus categories like U.S. supermarkets, select streaming services, U.S. gas stations, and transit purchases, this card rewards you for the items you spend the most on in a big way! For those looking to earn up to 6% cash-back on their purchases, this could be the card for you!\n","title":"Pros & Cons","pros":"\r\n \t6% cash-back at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 per year) and on select streaming services\r\n \t6% cash-back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions\r\n \t3% cash-back on U.S. gas stations and transit (including rideshares, parking, etc.)\r\n \t1% cash-back on all other purchases\r\n","cons":"\r\n \t$0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95 annual fee (rates and fees)\r\n","title":"Card Highlights","welcomeBonus":" Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months. $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95. Buy Now, Pay Later: Enjoy $0 intro plan fees when you use Plan It\u00ae to split up large purchases into monthly installments. Pay $0 intro plan fees on plans created during the first 12 months from the date of account opening. Plans created after that will have a monthly plan fee up to 1.33% of each eligible purchase amount moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that would otherwise apply to the purchase, and other factors. Low intro APR: 0% for 12 months on purchases from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 18.74% to 29.74% 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions. 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations and on transit (including taxis\/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more). 1% Cash Back on other purchases. Get $7 back each month after using your Blue Cash Preferred Card to spend $12.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to The Disney Bundle, which includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Enrollment required. Terms Apply.","cardCategories":["id":107610,"text":"Credit Card Reviews","link":"\/credit-cards\/reviews\/","id":18,"text":"Best Cash Back Credit Cards","link":"\/credit-cards\/cash-back-credit-cards\/"],"rewardsCenter":"Redeem cash-back through your American Express account","financialSnapshot":["id":1,"text":"Foreign Transaction Fees: 2.7% of each transaction after conversion to US dollars."],"title":"More Reads","html":"Find the $300 Welcome Offer for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card [Current Public Offer is $250]Find The No Annual Fee Welcome Bonus Offer for the Amex Blue Cash PreferredBenefits of the Amex Blue Cash PreferredStreaming List for the Blue Cash PreferredAmex Blue Cash Everyday vs. Amex Blue Cash PreferredChase Sapphire Preferred vs Amex Blue Cash PreferredAmex Gold vs Blue Cash PreferredBest American Express Credit CardsBest Credit Cards for Groceries and SupermarketsBest Credit Cards for Bills and UtilitiesBest Credit Cards for CouplesBest Everyday Credit Cards"],"aprText":"0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable APR, 18.74% - 29.74%")) Alternatively, if travel is your thing then consider the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card that is one of the best (if not the best) travel rewards cards on the market. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup

©2021 by English by Carol.

bottom of page